Adam Doemer
James A. Doemer
2005-08-22 23:48:13 UTC
Hello all.

Would someone please e-mail me the 1900 Census for New York for Adam Doemer?
I don't know any of his families name except that his father may be
Heinrich, or Henry. Thank you very much. Just remove NOSPAM from the
e-mail address.
Bob Rasmussen
2005-08-23 19:50:33 UTC
Adam...a little more info would be helpful. How old was Adam in 1900 and
where was he born, same for the father? Do you know where in NY?

Thanks...Bob
--
______________
lvMMMCDLXXIX+1
e-mail address.
James A. Doemer
2005-08-23 21:30:59 UTC
This is about as much information as I have. The father, if my sources are
correct, was born in Prussia, possibly the Rahrbach area of modern day
Germany. I could be wrong about Henry being Adam's father, but if Henry is
his father, then Helena would be his mother. Adam's age in 1900 is not
known, but I do believe that he lived in New York City, or the surrounding
area. Sorry, I know this isn't much to go on. Thanks for your efforts.
e-mail address.
Bob Rasmussen
2005-08-24 02:36:05 UTC
Evening, James...

Here is some information to muddle over.

Living in Manhattan, NY.
In 1880 I find the family of Henry Doemer, 31, Prussia, Tailor
Wife, Helena, 29, Prussia
Son, Frank, 5, 1875
Dau., Florence, 3, 1877
Son, John, 1, 1879

Living in Bronx, NY
In 1900 Henry Doemer (indexed as Dormer), b. Dec. 1849 married 28 years.
Wife, Helena, b. July 1851 children 10 living 2
Son, Charles, b. April 1883
Son, Joseph, b. May 1885
It is possible that they misunderstood the number living with the number
living
in the home. No evidence of Adam yet.

Another Family...
Living in Erie, Pennsylvania
In 1880 Peter Doemer (indexed as Doesner), b. 1833 in Bian?
Wife, Margret, b. 1836 in Bian?
Dau., Katie?, 19
Son, Peter, 17
Son, Adam, 15
Dau., Emma 13
Dau., Mary, 10
Dau., Hanna, 8
Dau., George, 5

Adam moved to Buffalo, New York
In 1900 Adam Doemer, b. Feb. 1865 married 1888
Wife, Annie, b. Nov. 1865 had 5 children 4 living
Son, Adam, b. July, 1890
Son, George, b. May, 1892
Son, Frank, b. Dec. 1895
Dau., Florance, b. May, 1899

Notice that the children of Adam have similar names as those of
Henry Doemer.

Hope this helps...Bob
--
lvMMMCDLXXIX+1